Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

135 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Changes in urethra. Should I be concerned?

Answered by
Dr. Timothy Raichle


Practicing since :1999

Answered : 1681 Questions

Posted on Tue, 26 Nov 2013 in Women's Health
Question: I've noticed some changes to my urethra curious if it's anything to be concerned about.
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 1 hour later
Brief Answer: I would be happy to help... Detailed Answer: In the picture, I agree that the urethra looks a little more apparent than it normally would. This could be related to recent intercourse (with more blood engorgement of the surrounding tissue) or related to infection and inflammation. If you are free of ANY symptoms, then I would just observe this for now. If it still looked different in a week, then have it checked out by an OB/GYN. If you are having symptoms NOW, such as pain with urination, irritation or otherwise, then you should be seen and cultures of the urethra obtained. I hope that this helps!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics ,  

Recent questions on  Urethra

doctor1 MD

Hi, may I answer your health queries right now ? Please type your query here... prone to UTI.done with all the known antbtcs,55, female.But feels slight pain somewhere near the opening of urethra(not vagina) day after intrcse.can anybody help?

doctor1 MD

I am 62 year old diabatic having neurogenic bladder on self intermittent catheterisation at the interval of 3 hours for last 5 years,Recently suffering from burning & pain in urethra & lower bladder after washing of bladder with water & betadin due to recurring UTI,Antibiotic taking for 7 days but pain & burning persists.Also I want permanent solution of recurring UTI & bladder management.

doctor1 MD

hi. im 19 years old and am having some problems with urination. I have the urge to go almost constantly and when i finish i feel like i need to go again immediately. I also have constant dribbling and i dont know how to tell if it is just urine or whether it is some sort of discharge. The tip of my urethra and a couple centimetres in is always wet. I had a urine test done with a dipstick at the doctors and then again at the walk in centre and they didn t find any problems. I have also been under a great deal of stress and have felt a bit depressed over the last few weeks. I don t know if this has contributed to it. Sorry for the long post but it is getting annoying now and just want to solve the problem Thanks

doctor1 MD

i have a strong urge to urinate that cannot be delayed, which is followed by a sharp pain or burning sensation in the urethra when the urine is released.The pain becomes the most unbearable towards the end. what could be the possible problem? is there anyway that i can get rid of this pain.?

doctor1 MD

Ok, I asked about this yesterday in the main forum. After thinking about it and being a little more clear headed, I decided to put it here in the "ask a specialist." Most of my question yesterday went unanswered. What was answered was very short...

doctor1 MD

Hello Dr I have diabetes and cholesterol Gerd and ibs Urethal stenosis. I pass slow urine or sometimes it gets blocked. Sometimes it is normal. Dr has advise me to do cystscopy but I have heard after doing cystscopy and widening the urethra pipe...

doctor1 MD

I have a bladder that is not functioning and have been self cathing for almost 7 weeks. The problem is not with the actual cathertization but after I finish...and not always immediately...I seem to have what I would term an ache or almost like a...