Can the sciatic nerve be deadened through injections without causing walking problems?
No. Not possible.
Thanks for posting your query.
Sciatic nerve is a major nerve of the leg. It has both sensory and motor supply. If the sciatic nerve is deadened, the nerve supply of muscles will also be affected and it will cause problem in walking. It can also make you lose the bladder and bowel control.
It is best to go for a lumbar traction and physiotherapy to decrease the nerve compression.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Sciatic nerve damage causes
- Sciatic nerve hit by injection
- Sciatic nerve problems cause to urinate
- What causes sciatic nerve
- Simvastatin and sciatic nerve problems
- Sciatic nerve irritation causes
- Sciatic nerve pain causes
- Sciatic nerve epidural injections
- Sciatic nerve radiculopathy causes
- Impotence caused by sciatic nerve
- Swollen legs, dark patches. Have stasis dermatitis and OCD. Will I be...
- Difficulty maintaining erection, discomfort in right testicle. Should I...
- Would anesthesia used to make a patient unconscious cause hand tremor?
- Black or brown freckles on penis, flat, no discomfort. Is this normal?
- What could red spots on hairline mean?
- Testicle swollen huge and hurts to touch. Why?
- Sudden awakening from sleep, heart racing, high blood pressure, ringing...
- What kind of cancer is it when colonoscopy shows a malignant mass in...
- Itching vagina, discharge and bleeding during sex. Maybe bacterial...
- Have hypoglycemia. Want to try HCG diet. Is it safe?