Can someone non diabetic have reactive hypoglycemia without an insulinoma?
Yes you can have
Welcome to HCM.
Thank you for the query.
In reactive hypoglycemia the body is producing excess insulin in response to food and this result in low blood glucose 2-5 hours after a meal.
Reactive hypoglycemic patients are usually pre diabetic (that means there sugars at some point are high and body is trying to compensate it by producing excess insulin). Some cases of insulinomas (small insulinomas) can present initially with reactive hypoglycemia (after food) and then proceed to fasting hypoglycemia as well.
Hope I have answered your question. If you have ant further questions I will be happy to help you.
Dr Ajish TP
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Reactive hypoglycemia donating blood
- Reactive hypoglycemia jock itch
- Marijuana reactive hypoglycemia
- Reactive hypoglycemia bloating
- Reactive hypoglycemia testosterone
- How to reverse reactive hypoglycemia
- Reactive hypoglycemia breastfeeding
- Reactive hypoglycemia bulimia nervosa
- Reactive hypoglycemia and ehlers danlos
- Hypoglycemia vs reactive hypoglycemia