Can severe anemia impair growth?
Protein rich diet is essential
I can certainly understand your concerns.
Low levels of hemoglobin can affect the general growth of the individual to a large extent.
Correction of iron deficiency anemia might take 3 to 6 months .
Once the levels are corrected, a good protein supplementation is needed.
For this, I advice you go on a protein rich diet.
This should include soy protein, fish and egg on daily basis.
I advice you to get a complete liver function tests to assess the levels of nutrition.
AA good response to oral iron therapy will yield positive results in your case.
Regular intake of fruits like pomegranate and Apple will be of great help. Drink cleaner water.
Post your further queries if any.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes severe and low vision in elderly?
- Is there any correlation between high chloride exposure and CIDP?
- Suggest treatment for viral diarrhea and stomach infection
- Suggest treatment for upper respiratory track infection
- What causes painful right hip in a person undergoing renal dialysis?
- Suggest treatment for swollen eyes along with pain
- What do heat sensation in abdomen along with weight loss and...
- Suggest treatment for severe hair loss
- What are the side effects of Glutathione capsules?
- Is it safe to have Dothiepin for sleeplessness during pregnancy?