Can seven days prednisolone dosage of 40 mg effect mantoux test?

Dr. Arnab Maji

Pulmonologist

Posted on Fri, 2 May 2014 in Lung and Chest disorders
Question: Can prednisolone dosage of 40 mg/ day for seven days effect results of mantoux test (false negative), if previous mantoux test was positive
Answered by Dr. Arnab Maji 4 hours later
Brief Answer: will not cause negative test result Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for your query. Seven days prednisolone @ a dose of 40 mg/day will never cause immunosupression to make your positive mantoux test to a negative one. There is a term called reversion of mantoux test which can be responsible here though the chance of which is rare. Your first positive report may be a false positive one. If you want to know more your can ask me. Regards Dr Arnab Maji MBBS, MD Pulmonologist