Can plasma osteoprotegerin be used as a biochemical marker for vascular dementia?

Dr. Richa Agarwal

OBGYN

Posted on Thu, 1 Sep 2016 in Pregnancy
Question: Dear Doctor, can you please advise me what are the medical markers to identify me as a vasular concern or when or how do I know I should have a vascular evaluation and what is a vascular evaluation..thank you inturn for answeing this complex question.
Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
OPG is a marker for vascular dementia.

Detailed Answer:
Hello Sir,

Thanks for trusting hcm about your health care.
I have gone through your history and understand your concerns.

You should get your OPG( osteoproteigerin) test done,this is a marker for vascular dementia.

In vascular dementia patients there is an increase risk of cardiovascular disease so this is a marker for the same.

Hope found useful, feel free to ask more information.

Good luck.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D