Can lactation happen without being pregnant?
Yes with the help of hormonal supplements.
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
Lactation is controlled by pituitary hormones, not ovarian hormones. Any woman can stimulate and induce lactation with proper methods. Abnormal hormonal changes pituitary tumors or galactorrhea can cause a lactation without being pregnant. You can also induce lactation with the help of proper hormone supplements. You will need to consult a gynecologist for proper hormonal supplements.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Induce lactation not pregnant
- Start lactation without pregnancy
- Lactating breasts and spotting not pregnant
- How to lactate without pregnancy
- Pelvic pain lactating breast not pregnant
- Not pregnant but lactating should i be worried
- Does lactation occur if while not being pregnant
- Breast lactation not pregnant
- Lactation not pregnant
- Lactating without pregnancy odor
- Sex after candid v3 treatment
- What causes breasts to shrink and invert nipples?
- What should i do for chest infection and high BP ?
- What should i do to know whether i am HIV infected ?
- Does increased smoking and alcohol intake during stress increase heart...
- Is it possible to resolve monoamine oxidase deficiency by controlling diet?
- Late menstrual cycle, negative pregnancy test, laparoscopy
- Are there any side effects of abortion pills ? How long will it take to...
- Cut caffeine, low BP, frequent bloating, extreme fatigue, slight pain in...
- What post surgical care is needed following a spinal cord stimulator...