Can irregular intake of birth control pills cause abrupt bleeding and pain in the lower pelvic area?
I have gone through your question and understand the concerns.
Irregular and sudden bleeding on birth control pills can be due to the withdrawal of hormones because of the irregular intake of the pills.
Other causes can be local lesions in the vagina, cervix or uterus.
A proper internal examination by an OBGYN specialist, pap smear and ultrasound should be done to confirm the diagnosis and get further treatment accordingly.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Dr. Deepti Verma
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Birth control pill early bleeding
- Will taking birth control pills cause irregularity in periods
- Can birth control pill cause severe lower back pain
- Irregular periods birth control pill
- Irregular intake of birth control pills late period
- Bleeding on birth control pill
- What causes bleeding while on birth control pills
- Birth control pills cause depression
- Intermenstrual bleeding birth control pills
- Birth control pills irregular heartbeat