question-icon

Can i take insulin shot even after skipping meals?

Posted on Wed, 23 Jul 2014
Question: I have forgotten to take my insulin shot this morning and I have not eaten lunch can I take a dose not even if I don't plan on eating a meal?
Answered by Dr. M. Vamsi Krishna (5 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Regular intake of insulin is good

Detailed Answer:
Dear sir I can understand your concern
taking insulin in regular interval is very important
taking diet at regular scheduled timings is also very important in diabetes management
in case if you are planning to skip lunch still you need to take half dose of insulin
if you have taken regular dose of insulin and not taken lunch then there is a chance of hypoglycemia which will be followed by hyperglycemia
to avoid all this fluctuations I suggest you to consider taking diet and insulin In a planned and scheduled pattern
regards
Dr XXXXXXX
Diabetologist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. M. Vamsi Krishna

Diabetologist