Can i take Primolut-N to delay periods after I pill usage?

Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN

Posted on Tue, 19 Aug 2014 in Pregnancy
Question: i had taken an i-pill within 24 hrs of unsafe sex. its been around 7-8 days since i took i-pill now. Now I have some rituals coming up in my family and i want to take primolut N to delay my periods? is it safe to do so? please advice.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yes you can safely take it.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
Since you have taken I-pill in this cycle your periods are already likely to be delayed by a few days. You can take Primolut-N to delay your periods. Be sure not to take the tablet for more than 14 days. The periods may become irregular for next 1-2 cycles due to the effect of I-pill.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal