Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

Can heat cause reduction in ball size, disinterest in sex? Testicle scan and hormone test revealed high prolactin

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 1992
Answered : 47 Questions
Almost a year ago now I slept with a girl who wanted to sleep with her leg up in my balls.. One night I let her do it, and immediately after I noticed a drop in my libido. I could hardly get an erection, I didn't have any morning wood for about a month, and for about 2 weeks my semen was watery and clear. I know that heat is bad for testicles (her leg felt pretty hot) which is why I didn't let her do it at first, but anyway, it seemed like a completely normal thing for her. My balls also seemed a lot smaller than before for a long time, though they seem to be returning more to normal now. So although I now have more or less normal semen (it still seems clearer than before) and morning movements, my libido is nothing like what it was before, and I can't really get interested in sex. It's been like walking around with a dead animal between my legs for the past year, my balls just feel numb as if they aren't even there, and I feel impotent and uninterested in and disconnected from life. I went to the doctor and they did a testicle scan and a hormone test, and both came back normal, except I have high prolactin which they said was due to stress. Now they're sending me to a psychaitrist. I'm aware that a lot/most of sexual arousal is in the mind, but the lack of sensation and libido seem so phyisical to me. I look at women in the street and try to remember what it was like to feel attracted to them. I also seem to have very little energy these days... What can I do?
Posted Mon, 23 Apr 2012 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. Chandan Choudhary 7 hours later

Your problem seems to be more psychological than organic cause. An organic problem would not be so sudden.

A hot leg cannot reduce be size of the testicle and does not reduce the libido or the orgasm of a man. This was also evident with the battery of tests that were conducted by the doctor.

If your male hormone profile and ultrasound of scrotum is normal there is nothing to worry. The last investigation that you can opt for is penile doppler study. If there is no problem in it, your thoughts about a possible trauma should end there. Your doctor has done right thing in referring to a counsellor / Psychiatrist.

Certain medicines like Tadalafil can be prescribed by your Psychiatrist along with counselling just to boost up your confidence. I am sure you will get back normal with a couple of sessions with the doctor.

Hope I answered your query.

Dr. Chandan Choudhary.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a General Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor