Can exposure to black mold cause Ataxia?
This association is less likely.
Thanks for your question on HCM.
Black mould exposure for 2 years can cause harm to people but allergy and asthma are common presenting complains.
Ataxia is very very unusual.
Black mould can cause infection but only in immunocompromised people.
So Ataxia is possible after central nervous system infection by black mould. But again the incidence is very very rare.
Immunocompromised conditions include
1. HIV infection
3. Patient on long term steroid treatment
4. Cancer patients on chemotherapy.
So please let me know, if you have any of these conditions.
I will be happy to help you further.
Wish you good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for COPD
- What causes chronic cough?
- Suggest treatment for interstitial lung disease
- Suggest treatment for bronchiectasis
- Suggest treatment for anxiety and sleeping problems
- What causes dizziness after eating red meat?
- How to avoid insomnia caused by Albuterol taken for COPD treatment?
- What causes prolonged fever?
- Suggest treatment for clogged ears and inflamation in sinus passage
- What causes white foamy sputum when suffering from COPD?