Can eosinophilic esophagitis and protein in urine be related?
They are NOT related
Hi and thanks for the query,
Esoniphilic esophagitis really has NO relationship, or has no consequences on kidney function. These are two separate entities. Esonophilic esophagitis has an allergic component in its causation. As for sure your physician has told you, and may be started treatment, steroid, remain the main stay of treatment and could go on for months. Avoiding specific foods based on results of the child allergic screen, taking drugs regular and at times modification of the child diet, and using a special endoscopic technique to dilate specific areas of the gut are the most commonly used treatment techniques in this disease.
Proteins in urine at 4+ grams implies a serious kidney dysfunction the requires a careful and keen nephrologic evaluation. This range is generally called a nephrotic range. Treatment in this case is compelling, and an appropriate diagnosis also important. The fear is poorly managed, there is a greater risk of developing chronic kidney disease with its consequences like hypertension earlier.
These two entities are not related and in depth evaluations for both need to be done separately and managed keenly. Kind regards,
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Eosinophilic esophagitis and scleroderma
- Eosinophilic esophagitis and hair loss
- Is fatigue related to eosinophilic esophagitis
- Eosinophilic esophagitis and stuffy ears
- Eosinophilic esophagitis heart attack
- Protein in urine eosinophilic esophagitis
- Eosinophilic esophagitis snoring
- Eosinophilic esophagitis anxiety
- Tightness in throat eosinophilic esophagitis
- Eosinophilic esophagitis and headaches
- 74 years old. Not getting proper sleep. What should I do?
- Scratching eye during sleep. How to get relief?
- Developed grooves in skull. Is this normal? What treatment should be done?
- Treatment for cough, breathing difficulty and chest tightness?
- Does antiviral ayurvedic medicine extend the window perioid of hiv?
- Is diltiazem and carzarc the same medicine for HBP?
- Noticed sore and swollen lymph nodes on neck. Should I be concerned?
- Took overdose of panadeines. Experiencing cough and fluttering in heart....
- Child has dark bruise on lower back. How to remove this?
- Is paranoia curable?