Can anti tetanus shot be taken before getting hair transplant done?

Excellent

Infectious Diseases Specialist
Question
I am getting hair transplant done next week. I am thinking of taking an anti tetanus shot before the surgery as it is going to involve a lot of needle pricks. Is it alright?P.S. Forgot to mention, the last time I took an anti-tetanus shot was in feb-2013.
Posted Tue, 5 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Praveen G 27 minutes later
Brief Answer:
There is no need of Tetanus injection

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to Healthcare Magic,

As you have taken a shot of Tetanus Toxoid (TT) injection in Feb 2013, there is no need to taken TT injection now.

If you wouldn't have taken TT injection in last 5 years, you would have required this before your hair transplant procedure.

You will be having protective antibody titres which will destroy the tetanus spores if it enters the body.

So I would suggest not to take any shots of TT injection.

Thank you