Can a missed birth control pill cause pregnancy?
I miss my7th pill & had sexual contact on the 4th& 8th day . Took my 2miss XXXXXXX Pills . Do i get pregnant
since you took two pills the following day you are not at increased risk of pregnancy
Welcome to healthcare Magic.
I am Dr Ramadevi Wani. I will be answering your concerns today.
It is good that after missing a pill you have rightly taken two pills the following day and continued with your daily pills later. This does not put you at increased risk of pregnancy. But please don't forget any pills again in this cycle.
You must be knowing that XXXXXXX is very effective in preventing pregnancy. But not 100% effective. So if you don't get your period during the last week ( fourth week) of taking the pills get a pregnancy test done.
I hope this is helpful.
If you have further questions, do write to me. I will be happy to answer.
Your missing pill will not put you at risk of pregnancy.
As mentioned earlier, since you took two pills the following day this missing pill will not put you at risk of pregnancy.
What I mentioned was every contraceptive method has its own failure rate. Even if you take XXXXXXX perfectly there is a 0.3% chance of pregnancy with one year use.
If you have further concerns, I will be happy to answer.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Birth control pills prevent pregnancy
- Missed first birth control pill
- Birth control pills missed period
- Missed taking birth control pill chances of pregnancy
- Birth control pills and pregnancy
- Missed birth control pill spotting
- Missed birth control pills pregnancy
- Birth control pills after pregnancy
- Birth control pills cause depression
- Birth control pills pregnancy risk