Can a lump in the scrotum be treated?

Dr. Michelle Gibson James

Posted on Fri, 16 Sep 2016 in Lump
Question: i Iave an inguinal hernia looking lump in my scrotum should i head to emergency room or make appointment to get it checked out. Are there any inflamatory medicine
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 33 minutes later
Brief Answer:
if there is pain then you should be seen as soon as possible

Detailed Answer:
Hi, thanks for using healthcare magic

It is only an emergency if there is: (1) strangulation (where the blood supply to the hernia is compromised causing severe pain, tenderness, swelling and possibly infection or
(2)incarceration- it is difficult to return the hernia to the original area which can possibly cause obstruction

If you are having pain still then it may be best to be assessed .

If there is no or minimal pain then you can make an appointment with your doctor provided the appointment will be within the next 1 to 2 weeks.
If pain starts while waiting for your appointment then you should be seen sooner.

Anti inflammatory medication such as naproxen, ibuprofen, cataflam, would help with the pain.

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions