Can a lancet prick cause development of HLA antibodies?

Dr. Naval Mendiratta

Rheumatologist

Posted on Wed, 21 Sep 2016 in Lupus
Question: I just used the same lancet as my friend (used her glucometer by mistake). Is it remotely possible to develop HLA antibodies this way? Im waiting for transplant
Answered by Dr. Naval Mendiratta 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Lancet prick

Detailed Answer:
good evening

thank you for writing on health care magic

Well, with lancet prick you will not develop HLA antibody. it is a very superficial prick and does not affect the HLA mismatch. But yes just be sure your friend doesn't have hepatitis b or c as these are the most common infections transmitted through needle pricks. so just cross check that

I hope the information was useful

do let me know for more queries .. would be happy to help out

regards
Dr naval
Follow up: Dr. Naval Mendiratta 3 minutes later
Thank you. My friend happens to have breast cancer so i know for a fact she does not have hep b or c as she has undergone extensive testing for all of that prior to chemo. Thank you!
Answered by Dr. Naval Mendiratta 11 hours later
Brief Answer:
Further course

Detailed Answer:
Good evening

Well, yeah then it should be ok..They would have ruled out all other tests ...I think you are good to go. But be careful in the future

Take care. Wish you good XXXXXXX and good luck with the transplant

Dr Naval