Can Sudafed and Afrin be used for post nasal drip?

Posted on Thu, 12 Jan 2017 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: Is sudafed appropriate for post nasal drip at end of a sinus affection. Nasal passages are dry

Clarification. Augmentin. And Afrin nose drops
Answered by Dr. V. N. S. Parinam 57 minutes later
Brief Answer:
sudafed or Afrin is enough

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for query here.
I do not think you need both Sudafed and Afrin together. Both does the same work by different actions.
When you say the passages are already dry you should restrict to one of them and not both.
If you are still having post nasal drip you can continue one of them. Besides I recommend steam inhalations to moisten the passages a bit as too much drying can lead to bleeding.

Hope this answers. If you have any specific concern please let me know.
Dr. V. N. S. Parinam