Can Prilosec OTC cause anxiety?
I have a concern related to an antiacid have been taking since last 8 months... I started taking antiacid before 2 years and since last eight months inam taking "prilosec OTC" and everything is fine.. But before two days i Came to know that i can only have that antiacid for 14 days in 4 months... Now here is the concern ... I hope i am not in trouble?? Can you please help sir? cause i have anxiety issues also..
PRILOSEC OTC is safe
I understand your concern and address your anxiety.
You should not be worried now.
PRILOSEC OTC is a very safe medicine and that is why it is called OTC , over the counter drug. If it cause any side effects or reactions it would not never be permitted over the counter in US.
Second I have seen patients who are on Omeprazole (generic version of Prilosec) for more than one year and still happy without experiencing any side effect.
Prilosec can reduce the absorption of Vitamin B and C esp Vitamin B12. You can take extra supplements of Vitamin B12 available as Methycobalamin.
It may cause respiratory infections in few.
But if you stop the medicine now I am sorry they are reversible.
Hope this answer puts off your anxiety.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Is chills a side effect of prilosec otc?
- Is prilosec otc used in the treatment of dyspepsia ?
- Is loss of appetite a side effect of prilosec otc?
- Is constipation a side effect of prilosec otc?
- Tightness in throat headaches prilosec otc
- Is nasal congestion a side effect of prilosec otc?
- Is dizziness a side effect of prilosec otc?
- Can prilosec otc cure indigestion?
- Will prilosec otc treat acid reflux ?
- Is fever a side effect of prilosec otc?