Can Potassium Permanganate be used for tinea pedis while planning for pregnancy?
Thanks for trusting us with your health.
The bathing of the feet is just topical , on the surface.
It would have no detrimental effect on pregnancy.
Looking forward to hearing from you
Is there a systemic problem when one has chronic tinea pedis eg gut microbial imbalance?
Any other recommendations?
Moccasin type tinea pedis is often notoriously recalcitrant to topical antifungals, and I assume they must all have been tried in your case.
Some people are more prone to fungal infections, they sweat more, are more exposed to humid, communal settings, and yes, may have altered gut flora predisposing to fungal infections.
Purported natural antifungals include cinnamon, turmeric, coconut oil, cloves,
ginger, radish etc, but allopathic medicine has no studies to support their use scientifically.
In addition to antifungals, 40% urea solution and Whitfield's solution have shown to be of use in your type of tinea pedis particularly.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Vesiculobullous tinea pedis causes
- Chronic tinea pedis treatment
- Lotrimin dosage tinea pedis
- Interdigital tinea pedis treatments
- Bullous tinea pedis treatment
- Will xolegel treat tinea pedis?
- Tinea pedis cruris manis
- Inflammatory vesicular tinea pedis
- Resistant tinea pedis treatment
- Is lamisil used in the treatment of tinea pedis?