question-icon

Can Nyquil be given to a 10 year old child?

Posted on Tue, 12 May 2015
Question: I gave my 10 year old 2 teaspoons of Nyquil cough. Will that be ok
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta (16 minutes later)
Brief answer...although it is  just a little more dose but it is ok
Detailed answer....
I have read your query and understand your concern since it is a matter involving a young child.
Ideally a dose of 7.5 ml would have been all right but just an excess of 2.5 ml won't cause any problem.However just  keep an eye on him because if he gets fast heart rate or some confusion or shakiness or nervousness,then you will have to go to ER as these are signs of overdosage but it looks highly unlikely.
I hope it helps however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck
Thanks

Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta