Can Norethindrone cause panic attacks and anxiety?
Hello, and thanks for your question.
The short answer to your question is yes, norethindrone can cause anxiety and panic attacks. I did some research and found the following side effects listed in the literature:
Central nervous system: Depression, dizziness, fatigue, headache, insomnia, migraine, emotional lability, nervousness
You may want to consider a different medication. An alternative would be to continue the medication but treat the anxiety/panic with an antidepressant such as sertraline or escitalopram. Either way, this problem will resolve!
Please remember to rate and close this answer thread when you are finished and satisfied.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Panic attacks and anxiety
- Dua for panic attack anxiety
- Can caffeine intake cause panic attack and anxiety
- Anxiety disorder panic attacks
- Androgel anxiety panic attacks
- Anxiety depression panic attacks
- Cymbalta anxiety panic attacks
- Overcoming anxiety and panic attacks
- Anxiety panic attack symptoms
- Zoloft for anxiety panic attacks
- What other medication can show a false positive for Oxazepam and Temazepam?
- Suggest treatment for premature ejaculation
- Which genetic test predicts how effective psychiatric medication are at...
- What causes erectile dysfunction after kegel exercises?
- Suggest ways to wean off Abilify
- What do these PFT test results indicate?
- Suggest treatment for visual hallucinations
- Suggest treatment for borderline personality disorder
- How to rule out bipolar disorder?
- Suggest treatment for withdrawal symptoms of Hydrocodone