Can Mucinex be taken when diagnosed with heart murmur?
I've have some mucus in my throat with a light cough that I'm looking/hoping to solve with mucinex, if mucinex isn't safe, is there anything other OTC products I can take that is?
mucinex is safe
Hello and thank you for your question,
Mucinex is safe. You want to avoid mucinex-D which has a decongestant in it. The medication in Mucinex is a mucolytic and helps break up mucus. It will not cause heart palpitations. Any medication or preparation that says decongestant should be avoided. I hope this works well for you.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Heart murmur when i workout
- Lightheaded when walking had heart murmur as a child
- Is it okay to exercise when you have a heart murmur
- Heart murmur when sick
- Heart murmurs when taking a deep breath
- Heart murmur when getting anesthesia
- Toddler diagnosed with heart murmur
- Can a diagnosed heart murmur become malignant
- Can you take mucinex d with a heart murmur
- Heart murmur when drinking