Can Mifeprin be used to avoid pregnancy after two weeks from unprotected sex?

Dr. Shanthi.E

Posted on Fri, 13 Dec 2013 in Abortion and Stillbirth
Question: Is there any way medicine to avoid pregnency which can be used aft two weeks from having unprotected intercourse.... Can we use one Mifeprin tablet in this case
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 9 minutes later
Brief Answer: take medicines only after confirming pregnancy Detailed Answer: Hello, There is no medicine that can avoid a pregnancy if taken after two weeks. Ideally, one should take Emergency contraceptive pill within 72 hours of unprotected sexual intercourse. There is no medicine that works at two weeks or after that in preventing a pregnancy. Mifeprin is a tablet used for MTP (Medical Termination of Pregnancy) or Abortion. This can be used only if pregnancy is confirmed. Else, it is ineffective. Hence, I suggest you to wait for your expected date of periods. If there is a delay in your period by more than a week, then you can do a urine pregnancy test and then go ahead with the MTP. Hope this helps you. I would be glad to help you further. Regards,