Can Luvox and Tramadol be taken together?
Potential for dangerous interaction
Welcome and thanks for your query.
There is potential dangerous adverse reaction between Luvox and Tramadol. Both can increase serotonin levels and therefore careful monitoring is necessary. It would be better to use a NSAID for the pain and inflammation of the back injury.
Serious interaction rare.
Doctors often check for potential interactions between medicines before they are prescribed. There's is potential for dangerous interaction and you asked for opinion. It's my duty to help you avoid an adverse reaction however small the chance may be. There are no studies on the incidence of such reactions. I have treated a few patients with less serious adverse reactions like abdominal pain , nausea , fever and confusion. Why not use a NSAID I suggested.
It's better to err on the side of caution than regret later.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Tramadol and benadryl together
- Tramadol and ibuprofen taken together
- Tramadol and codeine together
- Alcohol and tramadol together
- Tramadol and prozac ok together
- Diclofenac and tramadol together
- Aspirin and tramadol together
- Give tramadol and morphine together
- Taking paracetamol and tramadol together
- Take tramadol and gabapentin together
- Can hepatitis C be cured?
- Does tonsillitis cause systemic infection or UTI?
- Suggest treatment for liver cirrhosis
- What causes pain in right side and pain radiating to lower back?
- What causes sharp pain in rib cage below shoulder blade?
- What causes rhythmic contraction of the diaphragm?
- What is the treatment for radiculopathy?
- Is Zentel to be taken before or after a meal?
- What causes pain in upper abdomen radiating to left side?
- How long Lupron injections need to be continued for prostate cancer?