Can Lupron cause weight loss?

Dr. Chobufo Ditah

Posted on Mon, 6 Mar 2017 in Weight & Lifestyle
Question: I I am getting regular Lupron shots. I have had a significant waight loss . How can I get my weight back up?

Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 34 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Why Are You on Lupron?

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for contacting us.

I'm not exactly sure why you are on Lupron. Can you please share the reasons for this treatment with me ?

Lupron wouldn't cause weight loss. The reported weight loss is probably caused by a different disease condition. You may have a disease condition that breaks down too many calories/cells causing this.

Like you mentioned; eating high caloric diet rich in proteins and vitamins is the best way to go. If your appetite and digestion is up and good; only increasing intake would be able to help most.

I hope to hear back from you soon to understand the cause of this weight loss for a more targeted advice.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee