Can Lisinopril be taken before a colonoscopy?
I would epxlian as follows:
Welcome on HCM!
Regarding your concern, I would like to explain that as you have to prepare for colonoscopy it is important not to take any medicines within an hour around taking the two Trilyte portions, otherwise the drugs may not be absorbed or show the desired effectiveness.
Now, coming to Lisinopril, you may take it as usual at 12:00 without interfering to your fibroscopy procedure and also without interacting with Trilyte (as they are administered at 6 pm and 6 am).
In case of high blood pressure bouts, intravenous anti-hypertensives or even sublingual pills may be used.
Wishing you a Happy New Year!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What do the following stress tests, echo and holter monitor test result...
- Suggest alternative treatment for congestive heart failure
- Suggest treatment for hypertension and GERD
- Suggest treatment for high BP and tingling in arms
- What causes sharp pain in chest area relieved by burping?
- Suggest treatment for afib, severe sleep apnea and high heart rate?
- What causes shortness of breath with normal chest X-ray?
- What causes severe pain in my calf muscle in Tietze syndrome?
- What causes altered sense of smell when diagnosed with sinus tachycardia?
- Does page syndrome increase the risk of heart attack?