question-icon

Can Lisinopril be taken before a colonoscopy?

Posted on Tue, 17 Jan 2017
Question: taking lisinipril at 12:00 Everyday 40mg.having colonoscopy on wed. morning at 1:00pm. need to adjust it could u help? prepping for it Tuesday eve. with trylyte half at 6pm and the other half at 6am. need to take all my meds I useually take before procedure. nothing by mouth 4 hrs. priour to it. thank u XXXXXXX XXXX
Answered by Dr. Ilir Sharka (33 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
I would epxlian as follows:

Detailed Answer:
Hello!

Welcome on HCM!

Regarding your concern, I would like to explain that as you have to prepare for colonoscopy it is important not to take any medicines within an hour around taking the two Trilyte portions, otherwise the drugs may not be absorbed or show the desired effectiveness.

Now, coming to Lisinopril, you may take it as usual at 12:00 without interfering to your fibroscopy procedure and also without interacting with Trilyte (as they are administered at 6 pm and 6 am).

In case of high blood pressure bouts, intravenous anti-hypertensives or even sublingual pills may be used.

Wishing you a Happy New Year!

Kind regards,

Dr. Iliri

Dr. Ilir Sharka

Cardiologist