Can I use Cycloreg to delay periods?

Dr. S Patra

OBGYN

Posted on Thu, 7 Aug 2014 in Women's Health
Question: Hi, I want to delay my periods by few days since I would be going on a vacation. Will using cycloreg be a safe option? I have a history of regular periods, will it effect my cycle?
Answered by Dr. S Patra 32 minutes later
Brief Answer:
YOU CAN TAKE CYCLOREG TO DELAY PERIOD.

Detailed Answer:

You can take CYCLOREG (Norethisterone) to delay or postpone your period for few days to 1 week. It should be taken twice daily and 3 days prior to period due date.

You will get a withdrawal bleeding like period within 5 to 7 days of stopping them and next cycle may be delayed for 1 to 2 weeks due to hormonal imbalance. It is quite common and physiological phenomena. However, you will get your period regularly after that.

Hope, it helps for your information. Kindly, close the discussion if you don't have any other query.

Wish your good health and take care yourself.

Dr Soumen

For future query, you can directly approach me through

http://doctor.healthcaremagic.com/Funnel?page=askDoctorDirectly&docId=63326
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. S Patra 47 minutes later
Hello doc,
Thank you for replying to my query.

Just for clarification, how long should I continue the medication?
That is,
My period due date is 14th august
My vacation starts from 12th august to 18th august.

As understood from your reply, I should start taking medication from 11th august, but till when?
Answered by Dr. S Patra 8 minutes later
Brief Answer:
UP TO 18th AUGUST.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for follow up query.

You should take the CYCLOREG pill from 11th to 18th August (up to your vacation period). After that, you should stop taking them and wait for period.

Hope, it helps to understand properly. Kindly, close the answer and rate the answer.

All the best and good luck.

Dr Soumen
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj