Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
172 Doctors are Online

Can I marry my partner who is AB negative while I am B positive?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 12692 Questions
Sir...., I am a B positive girl. My wouldbe is AB negative.can i marry him...els we get problem in delivering child regarding rh factors........ Pleas tel whether to marry him or not
Posted Fri, 13 Apr 2012 in Child Birth
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 20 minutes later
Thanks for posting your query.
A 'B' positive mother and 'AB' negative father can bear children normally without having any problem of Rh incompatibility. If the mother is Rh negative only then the problem of Rh incompatibility arises.
You can safely go ahead and plan about your future together.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor