Can HIV be contracted through unprotected oral sex?

Dr. Bharatesh Devendra Basti

Dermatologist

Posted on Fri, 26 Aug 2016 in HIV and AIDS
Question: Hello, last week on Thursday I had projected sex with a woman and unprotected oral sex with her as well. Then on Saturday, I had unprotected oral sex with a different woman. Following both of those events, this week on Thursday I developed a really bad fever (101-102) with headaches and some eye pain which hasn't gone away yet. I am concerned that the fever and sickness I got has something to do with the sexual encounters I had last week and this past Saturday, specifically HIV. Is there a possibility that those encounters caused by sickness this week? Could this be early symptoms of HIV?
Answered by Dr. Bharatesh Devendra Basti 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Risk of HIV transmission is almost nil.

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thank you for query. I am Dr Bharatesh D Basti answering your query.
Welcome to health care magic.

The chances of transmission of HIV by protected intercourse is nil. The chances of transmission of HIV by oral sex is almost nil unless there are bleeding wounds in both in the area of contact. It is unlikely . So risk is almost nil.

The symptoms are non specific . It can be due to simple respiratory infection due to respiratory contact with the individuals.

But you can get all STDs panel tests including HIV as a baseline.

You can get back for any clarification.
Thank you
Dr Bharatesh D Basti
Dermatologist and venereolgist