Can Effexor, Cymbalta and Fetzima be taken in place of Pristiq?
MY CURRENT RX INSURANCE CO. WILL BE CHARGING ME $479.00 FOR A 90 DAY SUPPLY BEGINNING
THIS MONTH. THE GENERC FOR PRISTIQ IS NOT AVAVIALABLE THRU THIS INS. CO.
MY DOCTOR RECOMMENDS I TAKE EITHER EFFEXOR, CYMBALTA OR FETZIMA. WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS?
Effexor first choice, second cymbalta and third fetzima
Thanks for writing to us.
Pristiq contain desvenlafaxine which is a metabolite drug of Effexor (venlafaxine). From mechanism point of view both drugs are more or less same. I recommend effexor as first choice instead of pristiq.
If you are already known case of hypertension (high blood pressure) I would recommend cymbalta as effexor can cause increase in blood pressure.
In any case if you cannot take either effexor or cymbalta then only you can go for fetzima otherwise I do not recommend it.
Hope I have answered your query, I will be happy to help further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Cymbalta and pristiq interactions
- Pristiq and cymbalta together
- Switching from cymbalta to pristiq
- Pristiq compared to cymbalta
- Pristiq and cymbalta
- Pristiq cymbalta difference
- Taking pristiq with cymbalta
- Difference between cymbalta and pristiq
- Cymbalta vs pristiq comparison
- Cymbalta vs pristiq for anxiety
- Can Chlorpromazine and Sodium Valproate Sandoz be taken in pregnancy?
- Suggest treatment for OCD
- Suggest treatment for delayed ejaculation
- How to wean off of Trazadone?
- What causes anxiety and visual problems after taking psychedelic mushrooms?
- Suggest treatment for anxiety
- What causes drowsiness during day time?
- Can Solian and Lexapro be taken together?
- Suggest treatment for erectile dysfunction caused by over masturbation
- Suggest an alternative treatment for premature ejaculation