Can Citicoline and Phosphatidylserine be taken together?

Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi

Psychiatrist

Posted on Fri, 10 Nov 2017 in Mental Health
Question: Hi,
I am a 40 year old male from XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
i am a perfectly healthy man, and i feel 17-18 all the time in my head due to intense meditation and focus practices. now, seven years back, i took regular marijuana and hashish for 3 - 4 years and cocaine / ecstacy pills sometimes. and smoked cigarettes for 5-6 years and alcohol for almost 12 years. then with extreme will power, i quit everything. and today i live a super healthy fantastic lifestyle.

although there are certain things missing.

the pleasure i used to feel from small or big things of life “before taking drugs” is certainly less now, althought not completely missing. especially sexual pleasures went low. and i did a lot of research on drugs effect on neurotransmitters depletion in head, and stuff like that, how drugs can make you experience much less pleasures of life.

now, my big big days are coming up. i am trying to become a big writer in the XXXXXXX movie industry. now to try and do whatever i can for my brain, as i am quite a very highly intelligent person, i started taking some supplements, all of them manufactured in the usa. these supplements have been working wonders for me. they have given me a super brain boost, sexual boost, and all sorts of pleasures are coming back now in a great and amazing way.

so now to my question. i am on these supplements since last two months. no side effects experienced, but since these supplements effect the brain directly, i just wanna be sure whether i am taking all the things in a safe way, and to be sure whether everything is fine for my mind and body. so i will list you the ingredients of all the things i am taking since last two months. please have a look at the ingredients, and share your XXXXXXX opinion with me, what you feel about them. are these supplements okay to take together, and i hope one product ingredients are not in contradiction with the other. so here we go…………………………………..

product no # 1 : mnd labs pro : a very popular “nootropic” in the united states
it contains no preservatives, additives, its caeffine free etc etc. it contains :-

Citicoline as Cognizin®
Phosphatidylserine (PS)
Lion’s XXXXXXX Mushroom as Full-Spectrum Extract
Bacopa Monnieri 24% bacosides with 9 bioactives
Suntheanine® L-Theanine:
Rhodiola rosea
N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine:
Maritime Pine Bark Extract
Vitamin B6 as BioGenesis
Vitamin B9 as BioGenesis™:
Vitamin B12 as BioGenesis™

product no # 2 : now foods mens virility power
a herbal supplement to boost my sexual powers
its again totally herbal, no preservatives etc etc
it contains :-

horny goat weed 375 mg XXXXXXX puama 100mg
maca 100 mg
tribulus terreteris 75 mg
panax ginseng 50 mg
damina 50 mg
gingko biloba 30 mg

product no # 3 : summit nutrition all organic “plant protein” powder
again no preservatives or sugar etc etc
this product provides me everyday 20 mg of protein, 9 antioxidants super foods, 11 essential minreals, 13 multivitamins.

prodcut no # 4 : pure zinc 15 mg capsules
again no preservatives or sugar etc etc
this my doctor had prescribes to get back my sexual vigor.

so please share your XXXXXXX opinion.
waiting very very anxiously for your answer.
honestly, i dont want to stop any supplement, because its giving me mind blowing benefits and make me feel on the top of the world every single day like a super happy man.

but then, whats right is right. i am a person who beleives in doing all the “right things” only. and i hope there is nothing wrong in taking all of these together “scientifically”

one very last humble request. please try to answer a “little in detail”
as i am a man of logic and reasoning and really love understanding the correct logics behind everything.

waiting very anxiously for your mail.
please treat me like a good friend while answering.

with lots and lots and lots of love from XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
XXXXXXX XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi 42 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Over the products are safe to use.

Detailed Answer:
Hello thanks for asking from HCM for your health related doubts

I can understand your concern. If we go to the supplements one by one then the main ingredients of first supplement are:

- Citicoline which is a nootropic agent. The supplement is even marketed as OTC supplements as well as pharmacologic drug. The product is safe to use even in very high dose.

- Phosphatidylserine is also very safe to use. I hope this is a soy protein derivative.

Both these are phospholipids in membrane and safe to use.

Tyrosine, B6, B9, B12 we usually advise patients to take for long and are safe to use. Other ingredients are safe to use as these are herbal

The second product with Ginkgo biloba, ginseng and maca. These are safe to use and have great efficacy. These helps to improve memory and focus and are thus useful in improving the neurotransmission..

The third product with proteins is also safe to use but drink plenty of water while using this supplements. Excessive proteins result in increased risk of renal stones and this can be avoided by improving water intake. You should use this for a couple of months and then take a break of a couple of months and then you can restart this.

Zinc is also safe to use. But excessive levels could lead to toxicity. So you can stop this after using for a couple of months. If you can go for zinc levels then you can get the levels checked after two months and if these come in high normal range then stop using this supplement.

Thanks and Take care