Can 1% Permethrin be used to treat head lice in children?
Can be used
Thanks for the query
1% Permethrin topical can be used in all children above 2 months of age. It has to be applied once and then again after 14 days if itching and pruritis is present even after the first application. Occasionally children might complain of mild burning and it is normal.
I hope I was of help, if you have any further queries please get back to me
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treat head lice
- Head lice sulfur shampoo
- Malathion lotion for head lice
- Is ovide used in the treatment of pediculosis capitis, head lice ?
- Lump in neck and head lice
- Epilepsy and head lice
- Morphology head lice
- Will sklice treat pediculosis capitis, head lice ?
- Children under 2yrs with head lice
- Head lice hedrin