Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
188 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Burning sensation in vagina while passing urine. Got fever, vomiting and body pain. What to do?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 1998
Answered : 439 Questions
I am having burning sensation in my vagina while I pee since last two days. Today I got fever and vomited twice. Fever is not high but I am having body pain and my eyes are also burning. Please suggest me what to do.
Posted Sat, 11 May 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Pankaj Malhan 25 minutes later

Thanks for asking.

Burning pain while passing urine signifies symptoms of infection as well in the form of body pains and fever, you are probably suffering from a urinary tract infection.

A urinary tract infection (UTI) is an infection that affects part of the urinary tract. When it affects the lower urinary tract it is known as a simple cystitis (a bladder infection) and when it affects the upper urinary tract it is known as pyelonephritis (a kidney infection). Symptoms from a lower urinary tract include painful urination and either frequent urination or urge to urinate (or both), while those of pyelonephritis include fever and flank pain in addition to the symptoms of a lower UTI.

The main causal agent of both types is Escherichia coli. However, other bacteria, viruses or fungi may rarely be the cause.

I think you should consult a doctor urgently to get the urine checked, as you will need antibiotics to cure it. In the mean time you can take paracetamol 500 mg for the fever/ body aches.

Hope it helps. If you need further information, please let me know.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor