Burning sensation in hernia area. X-ray report is normal. On glucosamine and chondroitin. Any suggestion?
and found no degenerating he at first about arthritis or burss this comes and goes when I make some diff movements
I m tryingglucosamine 1500mg and chondroitin ,some help but not enough
Methylcobalamin supplements will help.
Thanks for posting your query.
The burning sensation in the area of hernia can be due to a superficial nerve irritation or a vitamin B 12 deficiency. Glucosamine and chondroitin are lubricating agents and they are not likely to help you since arthritis has been ruled out.
This can also be caused by lack of blood supply as a result of plaque formation in the blood vessels, diabetes, stroke, multiple sclerosis, underactive thyroid and abnormal levels of calcium, potassium, or sodium in your body.
Firstly, I’ll request you to get your blood sugar/HbA1c (glycated hemoglobin) tested to rule out Diabetes mellitus. Also get your thyroid hormones levels evaluated. You can take some vit B12/ Methylcobalamin for some days and see if the symptoms improve.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Chest x-ray report suggestive of prominent bronchovascular markings suggestions
- Knee pain x ray reports normal hilim gm
- Can an online doctor explain the x-ray report suggest medication
- What does the x ray report suggest
- Pain in foot x ray report normal cant walk properly
- Pain in foot swelling normal x rays suggestions
- Burning sensation with hernia
- What does my chest x-ray report suggest
- Had chest x-ray is the report normal
- Headache back pain x ray and blood report normal
- Swollen legs, dark patches. Have stasis dermatitis and OCD. Will I be...
- Difficulty maintaining erection, discomfort in right testicle. Should I...
- Would anesthesia used to make a patient unconscious cause hand tremor?
- Black or brown freckles on penis, flat, no discomfort. Is this normal?
- What could red spots on hairline mean?
- Testicle swollen huge and hurts to touch. Why?
- Sudden awakening from sleep, heart racing, high blood pressure, ringing...
- What kind of cancer is it when colonoscopy shows a malignant mass in...
- Itching vagina, discharge and bleeding during sex. Maybe bacterial...
- Have hypoglycemia. Want to try HCG diet. Is it safe?