Bruising on lower leg, white spot in center. What does this mean?

Dr. Praveen Rodrigues

Dermatologist

Posted on Tue, 25 Sep 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: hi i have brusing on my lower leg it started out black and now has a white spot in the center of it what does this mean?
Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 2 hours later
Hi there. Is there brusiing on one leg only..where exactly? was there any preceding trauma..even accidental or minor? Do you recall an insect/spider bite or is this possible? Is it possible to upload a good clear photo of the area? this will help!
Most likely an insect bite reaction & will subside with the application of a hydrocortisone butyrate cream that your pharmacist may be able to give you over the counter. Cheers & Good luck!