Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
193 Doctors are Online

Blotchy pale red marks under my upper arm area. What could this be?

Feb 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 3176 Questions
I have blotchy pale red marks under my upper arm area and little goose bump size rash on elbows
Posted Sun, 5 May 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 54 minutes later

Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic.

Before advising you I need some details related to the rash.

What is the duration of rash?

Is it itching?

Is it related to intake of some food or exposure to something?

Do you have food allergy?

What medications you are using presently?

This information is required to advise you regarding the rash.

And physical examination of skin rash or by looking at pictures of rash will help to diagnose the problem.

If possible please upload the pictures of skin rash along with the details of rash I have asked in your next follow up query to advise you in a better way.

Awaiting for the information.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Blotchy pale red marks under my upper arm area. What could this be? 18 hours later
My rash is not itchy at all,I didn't even know I had seems to be wear my arm would rub maybe on my shirts.
Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 15 hours later

Thank you for getting back.

Ok this rash may be due to rub of the clothes or arm.

You can apply a calamine containing lotion externally over the skin of rash area twice or thrice daily.

If the rash is not subsided within 24 to 48 hours or if it is spreading to the other areas consult your Physician for the examination of skin rash and for its treatment.

Hope I have answered your query, if you have any clarification please let me know.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor