What is the cause and treatment for cold allergy with asthma and stomach pain due to constipation?

Dr. Rakesh Karanwal

Posted on Mon, 13 Jan 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: Hi, my self XXXX as im facing alots of problems in my health , stomach pain which result in Constipation and severe pain, if i eat something to keep my bood cool like banana or orangeit will reult in cold (high cold) n i do hv breathing problem n due to that i get chest pain. And if i eat fish or any spicy things then i get stomatch pain if i eat cold thinks i get cold . in det bothe de things at once. stomach pain and cold. im not able to understand what exactly its happening and white dispach is huge
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 30 minutes later
Brief Answer: You have cold allergy+acidity+intestinal infection Detailed Answer: Hi XXXX, Thanks for your query. From the information provided, you are apparently suffering from * cold allergy with asthma. Take anti-allergic drugs (Levoceterizine + montelukast) + azelastin nasal spray. If you have wheeze, inhalers will give complete relief. * Inflammation/infection of the stomach/duodenum and possibly, food allergy. Avoid all foods which cause pain. Take a 2 weeks' course of anti-H.pylori therapy; followed by PPIs, such as, Rabeprazole for another 3-4 months. Also, take a deworming course every month. * If you have constant mental stress/anxiety/depression, the pain and constipation may be due to a condition called Irritable Bowel Syndrome. In that case, a long course of a combination of anti-depressant + anti-anxiety drugs will give you significant relief. Add Isabgol husk 10gm twice daily to prevent constipation. With the treatment and precautions advised, you will remain all right. Consult your doctor and apprise him of my opinion. I am certain that he will agree with my opinion; order required tests, and- based on the reports- will arrive at a certain diagnosis and prescribe suitable treatment as advised. Hope I have addressed to your concerns to your complete satisfaction and you find my response helpful and informative. I will be happy to answer further queries, if any. Take care, Dr. Rakesh Karanwal