What is the cause and treatment for abdominal pain?

Dr. Indu Kumar

Radiologist

Posted on Fri, 17 Jan 2014 in General Health
Question: My son is 8 years old. He is complaining stomach pain last 2 days. His complain is mainly at night. He is ok during day time. He is having pain near to the navel area. Yesterday, we gave him Cyclopam suspension once at night and just right now I gave once again. Can you please suggest?
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 5 hours later
Brief Answer: Firstly you should deworm your child. Detailed Answer: Hello XXXX Thanks for writing to XXXXXXX Mostly pain abdomen in children is not caused by serious medical problem. Worms are common reason for stomach pain in children. You can give single tablet of Albendazole 400 mg at night.It will deworm your child.It is given as single dose only. If symptoms persists then he need proper clinical examination and investigations. Other cause of pain abdomen like constipation,heart burn,food allergy,appendicitis etc should be ruled out. Investigations include routine hemogram,Urine RE/ME,stool (routine and microscopic examination),ultrasound of abdomen. Proper treatment depends upon clinical findings and investigation reports. Get well soon. Hope i have answered your query. Further queries are most welcome. Take Care Dr.Indu XXXXXXX