Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Blood work done. Feeling sick while going to toilet. Suggested to go for kidney specialist. Any suggestion?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 4361 Questions
I have recently been to the doctors and I have had a blood test done confirmed blood and protein in my urine. They have refereed to a Kidney Specialist after Back Pain feeling sick frequently going to the toilet to pass water. Could you suggest what this may be?
Posted Sat, 4 Aug 2012 in Kidney Conditions
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 4 hours later

Thanks for the query

It looks like you are suffering from a kidney or any kidney stones as you are suffering from back pain as well. USG abdomen and pelvis, 24 hour urine protein and urine culture are the investigations which needs to be done to complete the work up.

I hope I have answered your query, if there are no further queries please accept my answer

I wish you good health

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Nephrologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor