question-icon

Blood work done. Feeling sick while going to toilet. Suggested to go for kidney specialist. Any suggestion?

Posted on Sat, 4 Aug 2012
Question: I have recently been to the doctors and I have had a blood test done confirmed blood and protein in my urine. They have refereed to a Kidney Specialist after Back Pain feeling sick frequently going to the toilet to pass water. Could you suggest what this may be?
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha (4 hours later)
Hello

Thanks for the query

It looks like you are suffering from a kidney or any kidney stones as you are suffering from back pain as well. USG abdomen and pelvis, 24 hour urine protein and urine culture are the investigations which needs to be done to complete the work up.

I hope I have answered your query, if there are no further queries please accept my answer

I wish you good health

Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha

Nephrologist