Blood test showing abnormal WBCs, neutrophils, lymphocytes, alkaline phosphates, cholesterol test normal. What does this indicate?
Thanks for your query.
It looks like you are suffering from leukopenia which most often than not occurs after a viral infection and so does the segmented neutrophils.
The next step for you would be to get a ‘peripheral smear’ done and if abnormal you will also be asked to perform a blood counts done after a week.
Since your neutrophils are on the lower side, you might get fever bouts; so please be careful and follow hygienic precautions. If you are already having fever then you will need to be on medicines for that and also work up for fever.
Hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer if you do not have any further queries.
Wish you a speedy recovery.
Thank you for writing back.
Your mentioned lipids are lookin fine. Lipids would have been sent as a part of work up. It need not co relate with the present condition
Please don't worry about the bone marrow, i was just trying to explain how the work up would have been.
It is ok to repeat after 6 months, I wouldn't want to contradict your doctor but there is no harm in repeating it a little earlier.
Hope I have answered your query. Please do write back to me if you have any more doubts.
Wishing you good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the right age to do a cholesterol test
- What to eat before a cholesterol test
- What happens if you eat before cholesterol testing
- Will weed show in blood cholesterol test
- Will meth show up in my cholesterol test
- Hydration and cholesterol test
- What 354 in cholesterol test mean
- Does weed show up in cholesterol test
- Does marijuana use show up in a cholesterol test
- Blood cholesterol test done what does the report indicate
- Blood test showing abnormal WBCs, neutrophils, lymphocytes, alkaline...
- Sperm test found to have very severe oligoteratozoo with severe...
- Pain in back. Is cold the cause & what medication?
- Advised for gall bladder, hydrosil and prostrate gland enlargement...
- Dizziness, pressure in ears and noise while swallowing after child...
- Blurred vision, pain & dry eyes,flashing lights in eye, menopausal &...
- Old and out of shape. Heart rate races after strenuous exercise. Use a...
- My urine really stinks. Why would this happen?
- Pain in the head, pulsing sound in ears, back pain. Serious issue?
- Sore and achy around heart. Fluctuates throughout the day. Why would...