Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online

Blood in urine with severe back pain. Is it kidney stone or bladder infection ?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1991
Answered : 1414 Questions
I recenlty had a bladder infection for which I was treated for. However, I continue to show blood in my urine with severe back apin. My doctor sent me to the ER last night. I was given an ultra sound which indicated a 7mm kidney stone still in the kidney. A CT scan was preformed which indicated that it may mot be a kidney stone but a fatty deposit. I am still urinating blood with severe back apin. If not kideny stone or infection, what could it be?
Posted Wed, 27 Jun 2012 in Kidney Conditions
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 47 minutes later
I understand your query and concern.
There could be residual or recurrence of infection which is diagnosed by a urine culture test.
Tumour in the urinary tract is a possibility and cystoscopy may give input if u continue to pass blood..
The back pain could be musculo- skeletal in nature and analgesics/ anti spasmodics could do the trick.
Hope I answered your query.
Kindly get back for doubts, if any.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Nephrologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor