Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
139 Doctors are Online

Blocked nose, runny nose, taken cocaine, suffer from hay fever. Will it heal itself if I just give it rest?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1978
Answered : 6714 Questions
My nose is totaly blocked (swelled) and when i can blow it sometimes skin comes out. My nose is running uncontrollably(I have to keep tissue in my nostrils). I took some cocaine with freinds yesterday, it was a bad idea... Considering I suffer from allergies(hayfever) this time of year. Will it heal itself if I just give it plenty of rest and take vitamins? I cant afford a doctor right now. Please help me I'm in alot of pain and its very very uncomfortable.
Posted Sat, 21 Jul 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 5 hours later
Hello and thanks for the query.
Treatment for your severely blocked nose consists of 
Antihistaminic or steroidal nasal sprays.
These sprays are easily available in the pharmacies as OTC product but you should not use them for more than 7 to 10 days.
You may use anti histaminic tablets as you are having severe nasal blockage. 
You can use nasal saline washouts which are easily available as squeezable bottles in pharmacies.

Other measures which can be employed to avoid pollen are
Stay indoors as much as possible and keep windows and doors shut.
Avoid cutting grass, large grassy places, and camping.
Shower and wash your hair after being outdoors, especially after going to the countryside.
Keep car windows closed and consider buying a pollen filter for the air vents in your car. 

Take rest and may take ibuprofen 600 mg three times a day for the pain for 4 to 5 days.your symptoms shall improve in two weeks time however if they don't improve ten you may have to consult a doctor and take other treatment which may include a course of oral steroid tablets.

I hope to have answered your query however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an ENT Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor