Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
179 Doctors are Online

Back and neck pain, tension knots, stiff arm, bump in neck, shoulder blade stiff and swollen. Have tension headaches

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1978
Answered : 6714 Questions
When I was eighteen I notice I had back neck pain more like tension knots but it was never a real problem, I noticed I carry my stress in the back o my neck also by my hair line. One time like 8 years ago I had a golf size ball in back of my right side of head and it gradually went away. Two years ago I was faced with many problems and I noticed my right arm felt stiff and bumpy, as time went by and in 2011 when my mom passes away I notice a bump on my right side in the back by my neck, I look somewhat hunch back, I know I have gain wait but the funny is that this fatty bump changed my outer skin, where the bump is located it feels real smooth, I noticed that when I rubbed the bump I feel some kind of relief, I noticed my right shoulder blade has gotten real stiff and also a little swollen and there's a small pain on my arm and when I rub my arm it feels bumpy, I had some one give me a massage and then person told me the bump feels very hard but as she massage me i felt relief, she told me it felt like I had an excess of fatty tissue. My right upper shoulder feels swollen and when in rub it feels hard too. I also have tension headaches and when I do have them that bump in the back of my neck aches more
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 6 hours later
Hello and thanks for the query
Although there are can be various reasons for the bump but the most common causes are
Simple cyst
Sebaceous cyst
You require a proper physical examination by a doctor and possible
CT of the bump
And biopsy if required
Once the diagnosis is made treatment can be decided.
Feeling more pain during tension headaches could be referred pain.
I hope to have answered your query however you can revert to me for any further query.
Thanks and best of luck.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor