Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
153 Doctors are Online

Baby was premature born in 7th month. Need to start formula milk for baby. Suggest?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 1998
Answered : 1846 Questions
My baby was a premi baby born in 7th month. Now he is 8months old baby.(7months completed). His weight would be now 7kgs approx and height of 65cm.. Iam a software engineer. Iam planning to rejoin office from september1st. Need to start formula milk now for my baby. My doc advised to go for dexolac premimu (stage1). Would like to know further info on this. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank You
Posted Sun, 8 Sep 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Y V Siva Sankara Murty 1 hour later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for writing to health care magic.
I can understand your concern.

Most important thing I wanted to convey to you is you should continue to breast feed your baby. Please do so till your baby is 2 year old. This is important to your baby in various aspects. Brain grows till 2 years and breast feeding helps that.

After the age of six months your baby is ready to accept solids. Please start solid feeds. Major solid feeds should be given thrice daily. Initially start with small quantity and increase daily.

In between snacks in the form of smashed banana, boiled potato etc should be given. Try one new substance per week. In between you can also breast feed your baby. Formula if required can also be given as advised by your doctor.

Please do not use a bottle to formula feed your baby. Instead use a glass and spoon.

Continue to ask further queries as required.
Hope this helps.
Take care.
Dr Y V Siva Sankara Murty
Associate Professor of Pediatrics
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Baby was premature born in 7th month. Need to start formula milk for baby. Suggest? 29 hours later
My kid seems to be having cross-eyed. Just want to know when this will become normal.. Elaborate on this.. Expecting a positive reply.. I hope you can understand my concern..
Answered by Dr. Y V Siva Sankara Murty 10 hours later
Brief Answer:
Physical examination is required for the same.

Detailed Answer:

First a physical examination is required if there is any squint present or not. So examination by a ophthalmologist will help to identify if there is any problem. Further action can be taken depending on the examination findings.

Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Pediatrician

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor