Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online

Audible heart beat when I open mouth. What could this be?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1773 Questions
hello i have noticed in the last couple of months that i can hear my heartbeat through my mouth sounds like a clicking during sex or exercise, what could this be. have also noticed a wooshing sound coming from chest.
Posted Mon, 4 Nov 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 27 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Uncommon complaints

Detailed Answer:

It would be better if you can reveal your age, gender and occupation. Have you seen a doctor for this? Were some investigations done in this regard?

The symptoms complained are not common in my usual practice, however I will try to give my opinion if you can give more details.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Audible heart beat when I open mouth. What could this be? 7 hours later
im 25 male and no i havent . it is sttange but i have a audible heart beat when i open my mouth during exercise
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 45 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Preliminary evaluation required

Detailed Answer:

Few more queries and not to offend you

1) Do you abuse illicit drugs?
2) Do you have anxiety disorder?

If true for the above there is a chance that you hear the heart beats louder than usual.

There is also a cardiac condition where the heart beats are loud enough to be heard by the person himself. I would not mention it now as it would increase your anxiety and spend sleepless nights. I wish you get a preliminary evaluation by a local physician and get the following tests ordered for better diagnosis:
1) ECG
2) 2D- ECHO
3) Serum T3, T4 and TSH

Hope this helps.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Cardiologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor