Are yeast infection transmitted sexually?

Dr. Indu Kumar

Radiologist

Posted on Fri, 29 Nov 2013 in Infections
Question: Can you get a yeast infection from my husband who is taking two types of antibiotics through sexual contact?
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Yes,yeast can transmit sexually but it is rare. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for writing to XXXXXXX Yes,yeast can be transmitted sexually but it is rare. Also,it is not related to antibiotics which your husband is taking. Yeast normally resides in female genital tract in small number.It gets flourished when ever immunity is decreased or PH of vagina is altered. You need proper clinical local examination and investigations. You can take tablet clotrimazole(for vaginal use) 100 mg for six consecutive nights.It has to be pushed deeply in vagina at night. You should maintain good genital hygiene. Get well soon. Hope i have answered your query. Further queries are most welcome. Take Care Dr.Indu XXXXXXX