Are there any interactions observed between Vitamin D3 and Tikosyn?

Posted on Tue, 23 Jun 2015 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: I take tykosyn and my doctor said to add vitamin D3, 2001u
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 31 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No interaction are observed between these two drugs.

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you for asking!
I read your query and understood your concerns.

You can take safely vitamin D3 with tykosin, no interaction are observed between these two drugs.

Moreover after reviewing your medical therapy you can safely add vitamin D3 as ordered by your treating doctor.

Hope this was of help!
Wish you health!
Dr. Shehu

P.s: if you have more questions about this or other problems, please don't hesitate to ask me again.
Follow up: Dr. Benard Shehu 10 minutes later
What about the shots of testosterone every 2 weeks, I did not know it was going to elevate my hemoglobin and now they have to drain a pint of blood..side effects?
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 53 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Following advice...

Detailed Answer:
Hi back,

The elevation of hemoglobin is called polycythemia and is one of the most common sides effects of testosterone shots observed on 30% of patients.

In this case if i was your treating doctor would decrease the dose of testosterone to half the dose. If the increase of hemoglobin will be up to 50% of basal line you would stop taking testosterone.

Wish you health!
Dr. Shehu

Dr. Benard Shehu

Cardiologist