Are there any future complications in pregnancy due to Unwanted-72 pill intake?
Low chance of pregnancy. Follow the rest.
Thanks for writing to us.
1) Unwanted-72 pill (Emergency pill) gives more than 85% protection against unwanted pregnancy if taken within 24-48 hrs (after 30 hrs in this case). Here, chance of pregnancy is quite LOW.
2) She will get a withdrawal bleeding like period within 5-7 days due to effect of the pill. Most women get this type of bleeding.
3) If her period delays more than 1 week (from due date), I suggest to undergo one home pregnancy test to rule out conception.
4) At this stage, she will take normal healthy diet, avoid stress and maintain genital hygiene properly. No medicine is to be taken.
Hope, it helps for your information. Practice safe sex in future. Kindly, close the discussion if you don't have any other query.
Dr S Patra
For future query, you can directly approach me through
Many thanks for your response. But my query was not related to chances of pregnancy . We are in a conception that , this pills does some damage atleast to health or womb which may effect in conceiving baby in future . My query was regarding what can be done ( in respect to any health tonic or diet or medicine ) to neutralize the side effects of this pill .
Also you have mentioned to avoid stress. Is it physical stress or mental or both ? Does this means she should avoid doing exercises during this period ?
Actually we were using condoms, but the condom ruptured, hence took the pill .
No problem in future conception. Avoid mental stress.
Thanks for follow up query.
There is NO problem in future to conceive or get pregnant. However, frequent use of emergency pill is NOT recommended.
If you want to involve in unprotected sex quite often, then I suggest her to take combined oral contraceptive pill (regular pill) after consultation with local doctor.
Side effects of this pill are very minimum and well tolerated. No treatment or special measures are required at this stage. Just wait for coming period.
Mental stress should be avoided as it can delay her period. She can continue exercise if she is comfortable with it.
Hope, I have answered your query. Good luck.
Dr S Patra
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Percentage of metformin in unwanted 72 pill
- Procedure of taking unwanted 72 pills
- Side effects of unwanted 72 pill
- Unwanted 72 pill course
- Unwanted 72 pill composition
- Unwanted 72 pill
- What is unwanted 72pills
- Usages of unwanted 72 pill
- What are chances of pregnancy after consuming unwanted 72 pill
- Intercourse bleeding unwanted 72 pills