Are there any anti psychotic medication that do not cause weight gain?

Dr. Anshul Varshney

Posted on Wed, 9 Sep 2015 in General Health
Question: is there a medication like abilify that does not cause weight gain?
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 16 minutes later
Brief Answer:
All cause weight gain.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome To HCM. I am Dr Anshul Varshney. I understand your concern.
Abilify is an anti Psychotic drug and all anti psychotic drugs causes weight gain.
The only drug that could help in weigjt loss is SSRI Fluoxetine.
So you may discuss with your doctor if Fluoxetine could work for you.
In case you have to carry on with Abilify only that you should start doing good exercises that would counteract the weight gain caused by Abilify.
I hope it helps you.
If you have any further query, please ask me.
Stay Healthy.